You can update the miles per gallon and set your preferred fuel type in the Trip Settings. On the desktop site, you can also specify your vehicle type and model.
If you don't have a vehicle saved to your profile, the fuel efficiency settings will default to 22 MPG. We use the fuel efficiency setting to estimate the cost of gas for your trip by using the US monthly average.
- Load your trip on the map.
- Slide along the trip planner banner to Trip Settings
- Select Trip Settings.
- Go to the Vehicle & Fuel section.
- If you'd like, you can select a vehicle already save to your profile or add a new vehicle by using the "Select a Vehicle" dropdown.
- Customize the MPG and fuel type for your trip below that and click Done.
- Go to the Profile section in the app and tap to select the trip you're working on.
- Tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right and select Trip Settings.
- Edit the fuel type and MPG as needed.